We have a full-time position available for a Marketing Coordinator starting in early to mid-summer!
Finegold Alexander prides itself on offering a collegial environment that emphasizes equity and supports professional development. With a team-based collaborative approach to all aspects of the firm’s work, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive, proactive attitude. The candidate will work closely with Marketing Manager, a Marketing Coordinator, and with FA’s Principals, and the position involves the creation, development, and completion of proposals and qualifications, interviews and awards submissions, website content management support and social media communications, along with a variety of other marketing, communications, and some administrative activities. It is anticipated that approximately 75% of the time will be devoted to marketing work and 25% to office and architectural team administrative work.
Main marketing efforts include the following:
Working with the marketing team and firm leaders, the candidate will:
- Provide administrative coordination, scheduling, tracking associated with RFP/RFQ responses, qualifications packages, interview presentations, award submittals, conference proposals and presentations.
- Coordinate with outside subconsultants and associated architectural firms on proposal and interview materials
- Produce high-quality, customized proposals, qualifications, brochure packages, and award submissions
- Produce interview slide decks in InDesign and PowerPoint and participation in rehearsals
- Produce collateral for publications, advertisements, emailers, displays, and other marketing materials as needed
The candidate will also:
- Create and maintain marketing materials such as resumes, project sheets, brochures, advertisements, basic proposal content including project lists, fee and rates, schedules, and other commonly requested boilerplate content.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager to maintain annual conference, event, award program, and sponsorship calendars and coordinate registrations, advertising, and other collateral.
- Coordinate planning of trade shows and conference attendance in collaboration with the marketing manager and the marketing coordinator.
- Maintain photography files, create low res and web sized images when final professional photos are received.
- Add client and contact information to Deltek Vision and maintain lists
- Support external communications and public relations efforts through social media and the maintenance of the firm’s website with guidance from Marketing Manager.
- Support internal communications through timely rotation of project boards and models in the office in coordination with the Marketing Manager
- Assist with a variety of Business Development activities including sector meetings, updating meeting notes for distribution, development of collateral for client meetings and presentations.
Main administrative efforts include the following:
- Produce AIA contract documents for all projects in coordination with Principals
- Assist with some travel arrangements for Principals
- Track and Keep all of Principals' licenses updated
- Order lunches for meetings and special events in coordination with the Office Manager
- Type documents and letters for Principals as needed
- Type meeting minutes for project managers and job captains as needed
A 4-year degree from an accredited institution in journalism, English, marketing & communications, or public relations is strongly preferred. This is an entry level to 2 years of experience role, ideal for recent graduates interested in careers in the A/E/C industry in marketing or public relation roles.
The position requires:
- Excellent organizational, tracking, and communication skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong graphic design sensibility
- Self-motivated, flexible, adaptable
- Work well independently and/or as part of a team
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment, work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects and must be adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong communication/relationship building skills, timely and accurate information-sharing are a must
- A passion for design and a keen interest in the architecture and design profession are necessary
- Strong critical thinking capabilities, innate curiosity and an ability to absorb and learn quickly are vital
- Understanding of concepts, practices and procedures in the design profession and familiarity with the language of architecture are a plus
Candidates must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign + Photoshop, Illustrator), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Deltek Vision. Familiarity with the website CMS Webflow and communication platform MyEmma is a plus.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Regan Shields Ives, AIA at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any examples showing desktop publishing (i.e. proposals, brochures, ads, etc.), you are welcome to include 1-3 examples in your application. This is not a requirement to apply.