Finegold Alexander + Associates' project, the former Salem Jail, featured in the Salem Gazette
The original Salem Jail, which was constructed in 1813, will contain 17 two-bedroom, two-bath condos, a restaurant; the jail keeper’s house, possibly by Samuel McIntire, will be converted to three private entry homes; the carriage house will host single unit and exhibit space; and the new building will house eight two-bedroom, two-bath duplex homes. The original complex and the new structure will front onto a landscaped courtyard with view corridors terminating at the original entries to the Jail and Jail Keepers House. The courtyard will provide drop off access for tenant loading and pedestrian circulation, gardens and hardscape of materials consistent with Salem’s history.
To view the full article click here